(under construction... clearly--the blog, I mean)

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Gonna Miss the Trumpet Player...

Our time in Jacksonville is rapidly coming to an end. I have started to consider the things in my every-day life that I will miss when we leave this green oasis. I took a lovely nap this afternoon (can't say I am not living it up with just one child), and woke up to a familiar sound... trumpet practice. It may be annoying to some, (okay probably many), and I do remember being bugged that this guy was practicing the trumpet during Tyson's nap when he was younger, but I kind of have developed a connection between the trumpet and our home in Jax. I think when I hear one in the future, I'll think of our home on Wentworth Circle, West.

I feel like I have been a bit of a Zombie-deadbeat since we purchased our home in Utah. I am overjoyed about our buy, and honestly cannot wait to be there. At the same time, though, I feel a deep sadness about moving (yet, again) away from dear friends. Just another chapter in the G. Trapnell Family History, I guess.

(On a happier note, I can't wait for Kauai chapter which happens May 2nd-9th... Stay tuned for details!)

4 comments:

Melody B. said...

What Kauai? L-U-C-K-Y (read as Napoleon Dynamite)!!! I guess you get a celebratory trip after he finishes school!:P Hopefully this will be the LAST move for you guys (out of state that is)...UNLESS, you want to come to AZ after ebing in UT!:P

Heidi said...

WHAT? You are going to Hawaii? That is not fair. But I guess you are deserving of it (and Greg I guess). I will be looking for these pictures! How fun! And I cannot wait to see what you do with your NEW home!

Heather B said...

It's hard leaving a place, even all the little quirks about it.

You lucky girl going to Kauai...you've been before right? Or was that another island? Did you do the rope swing? I HIGHLY recommend a helicopter ride there, probably the only place I'd ever do one...breathtaking. I have the best guidebook ever if you want it.

J-Lo said...

Kauai? Do tell more!

Mace-Face

Mace-Face
Powered by Blogger.

The Kids

The Kids

Tyson [ALL] Boy

Tyson [ALL] Boy

Buggy Boy

Buggy Boy